Tuesday 9 June 2009

Gaze Upon

I gaze upon

This majestic might

Water overflowing

Is quite a

Frightening sight.

DSC02078

From a distance

The roar can be heard

From a waterfall

High up

Sometimes

In the clouds.

 

From my vantage point

Overlooking the falls

My gaze looks over

The Sound of Mull

Peaceful on this day.

DSC02075

This shelter of wood

Brand new

A vantage point

For all who visit

Even those

Less mobile too.

I gaze out upon

The hills

Distant and alone

Like ‘I’

They stand out

But they also

Stand firm.

A cool breeze

A welcome relief

As the heat of the day

Makes it difficult to breathe.

One can sit here alone

For many an hour

Admire the scene

Tranquil of night.

Astronomers dream.

DSC02073

As days of sunshine

Now increase

The outdoors

Are calling

As I gaze upon

An island scene.

 

By

 

Preobrazhenskii  ©  2009

No comments:

Post a Comment